Monthly return: log and capture monthly return: introduction
There are five action guides in this section:
- Action to take on receipt of a return in a local office
- How to manually log a monthly return
- How to manually capture data from a monthly return – long route
- How to manually capture data from a monthly return – shortcut route, and
- How to log and capture a NIL return by telephone.
Remember that logging and capturing of returns will be undertaken nationally by Rapid Data Capture. It will be exceptional for this to be undertaken in a local Network office. The action guides that follow therefore take you through the basic processes only – they do not cover every eventuality.
Where a contractor return has been logged, but not yet captured, the return will not be visible in View Customer. However, you can check whether a particular month’s contractor return has been received by selecting the ‘Contact’ tab at the top right of any CISR window you are in. This will then show ‘Contractor Return in’ with the date of receipt.