Monthly return: issue monthly return: introduction
There are three action guides in this chapter. These show you how to
- Issue a manual return (see CISR62620 and CISR62630)
- Issue a replacement return (see CISR62640), and
- Arrange for the issue of an electronic return (CISR62660).
Remember, there are information chapters for each of these at
- CISR61000 and CISR62000 for manual (or blank) returns
- CISR62200 for replacement returns, and
- CISR62180 and CISR62660 for electronic returns
All the information you need to be able to issue a monthly return manually can be found by selecting the function ‘View Customer’ from the CIS main menu.
The type of designatory information you will be able to access under this function includes
- For a customer - name, trading name, address, telephone/mobile numbers, email accounts, preferred contact method, UTR, NINO, CRN, VAT number, date of birth, date trading started, processing office, signals (RLS, capacitor, agent, death, insolvent, under enquiry and so on), business and turnover test details
- For a company - details on directors and shareholders
- For an acting agent - details of the 64/8, for example, name, address, reference
- For a capacitor - capacity type, for example, name, address, reference
- For a contractor - scheme details, AO reference, EBS reference, name, address, scheme type, appeal indicator, number of subcontractors, signals (for example, inactivity period, RLS, NIL return), returns history, verified subcontractors and so on
CISR90000 has more information relating to the subject ‘View Customer’.
Supplies of blank return forms
You should ensure that you have access to a ready supply of the following
- CIS300(Man) - contractor’s monthly return
- CIS300(Man) (CS) - contractor’s monthly return continuation sheets
- CIS300(Man) notes - contractor’s monthly return completion notes