Authenticate customer: authentication: contact history
|CISR22600||Action guide contents|
Because the only access to CIS functions is by way of the ‘Authenticate Customer’ windows, a record will be kept in the Contact History of all contacts between CIS and our customers.
Contact details will be recorded on the system of all accesses to CIS in the previous three months using a link to the Contact History. This information will flow from details that are recorded automatically in the Contact Centre and other HMRC offices at the time of phone calls and visits to local HMRC offices. The information contained within Contact History will include:
- Contact details (name, phone number (if known))*
- Date and time of contact
- Operator details (name, ID)
- Channel used for the contact (for example, phone, face to face)
- Direction of the contact (inbound/outbound)
*Depending upon the task being performed this will expand to include:
- Employer Reference of the particular contractor scheme
- Purpose of the contact, for example, Verify Subcontractor
- Whether or not the contact was successful or terminated due to a failure to authenticate the caller.
Where the phone call is to the Contact Centre the call will be recorded.