Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: settlement: direction under regulation 72F: action to be taken - action by authorising team
Advice on cases
If a caseworker seeks advice on a case (COG915285 - Considering a Direction) you should
- provide the necessary advice to enable the caseworker to progress the case, or
if you are unable to provide the necessary advice
- refer the matter to the appropriate SPOC (COG915305 - Submission to Authorising Team).
Action on submissions
When the file is received from the caseworker you should check that
- one or a mix of the conditions A, B or C have been met (COG915300 - Making a Direction), and
- that there has been a trigger event on or after 6th April 2008, and
- a trigger event did not occur before the 6th April 2008.
Once the authorising officer (Higher Officer or above) is satisfied that the conditions for a direction have been met they will upload to Caseflow or sign the direction authority.
The caseworker will then issue the notice to the employer and employee or employees.