Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: settlement: contract settlements - SAFE: locking payments on account
Procedures for Locking a POA
As soon as you are aware that a payment has been made, either directly to you or DMB, you must
- complete the stencil SAFE 3(POA) Locking stencil, which is available in SEES, and
- attach the stencil to an eForm (My Services>Corporate Services>Tools>Eforms) under DMB - Banking Miscellaneous Charges Unit Locking Stencil
When completing the SAFE stencil you must include your compliance identifier in the caseworker’s details section of the stencil. The format of this will depend on your business unit. If you work in
Local Compliance, this is
- Directorate/customer group/PID of manager/PID of caseworker.
LB, this is
- LB/Tax Stream/PID of CRM/PID of TS.
For SI cases you must include your identifier in the following format:
For PT International your identifier is in the following format:
- SPT/PTI/EC/Caseflow ref/PID for example SPT/PTI/EC/CFS-123456/765.
For High Net Worth Unit your identifier is in the following format:
- SPT/HNWU/Site name/UTR/PID of Site SO Manager, for example, SPT/HNWU/Birmingham/123456789/1234567.
On receipt of a completed stencil the Miscellaneous Charge Unit will lock the payment. If the stencil is incomplete, the stencil will be returned to you.
The Miscellaneous Charge Unit will not deal with any telephone requests to set the clearing lock.