Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: construction industry scheme (CIS): role of the processing centre - CIS Centre, Newry, N. Ireland
All Construction Industry Scheme work previously undertaken by Customer Operations PSA and the CIS Unit (Shipley) has now been brought together in Newry N. Ireland.
A reminder of the CIS work which Newry is responsible for is detailed below:
- new applications for gross payment status by individuals and partners in partnerships, applications from individuals and partners in partnerships currently on net payment status for a change in tax treatment from net to gross
- correspondence of any type regarding gross payment status for individuals and partners in partnerships
- appeals against refusal or withdrawal of gross payment status for individuals and partners in partnerships
- written requests to correct contractor monthly returns for individuals, partnerships and limited companies
- requests for the issue of pre-populated contractor monthly returns to individuals, partners in partnerships and limited companies
- appeals against penalties for the late submission of contractor monthly returns by individuals, partners in partnerships and limited companies
- requests for payment and deduction statement (PDS) details or information in respect of subcontractors who are individuals or partners of partnerships.
Again, this list is not exhaustive and more detailed information about the work carried out by the CIS Centre Newry together with contact details is available on the PSN Construction Industry Scheme web pages: CIS: Reorganisation of CIS work into Newry.