Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: status: referral to Specialist Employer Compliance (SEC)
When making a referral to SEC you should (also see COG904550)
prepare a submission to include
- details of what the engager said happens in practice
- details of what the worker said happens in practice (where the worker has been interviewed)
- details of any technical points which either party put forward
- details of any agreed terms and conditions
- the amounts considered to be at stake, a reasonable estimate will suffice
- the degree to which the engager’s position appears to be influenced by the sums involved for earlier years.
also take into consideration other ongoing aspects of a compliance check and attach to the submission
- copies of any written contract or other documentation
- copies of notes of meeting
- copies of any opinion letters
- ESI screen prints where ESI has been used.
SEC will then consider the facts of the case and provide advice and guidance on how to proceed.
- continue to work any other outstanding points from the case.