Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: Employment Status & Intermediaries (ES&I): customer service - general
In order to meet HMRC customer service commitments Employment Status & Intermediaries (ES&I) will provide guidance to customers in respect of complex issues. These will cover requests in prescribed areas such as
- pre and post transaction requests COG907320
- employment income packaging
and will be covered by Code of Practice 10.
As a result of guidance given the ES&I may advise the customer to
- make adjustments to current year process affecting Full Payment Submissions or P11Db (Class 1A return)
- recover duty relating to closed tax years.
- record all cases on STEM status / ECTHO MIS
- record any such compliance revenue as an Employer Amendment ECSM02020 outlines how an employer amendment should be recorded on ECS and
- follow case closure procedures set out in COG915510 onwards
- consider whether a broader coverage entry should be made.