Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: working the case: further meeting
Where there are outstanding points from the compliance check, for example
- further information or explanations are required, or
- you wish to clarify our position with a view to obtaining a Class 6 settlement
you should consider the benefits of a further meeting over attempts to resolve matters by correspondence.
When deciding if a further meeting is required you should take into account the possible cost and inconvenience for the employer/contractor
The advantages of a further meeting are that you can
- see additional records
- ask supplementary questions
- challenge the employer’s/contractor’s explanations on the spot
- avoid entering into perhaps lengthy correspondence, and
- maintain the initiative and continuity of the case.
When you are agreeing a settlement a meeting is nearly always preferable to correspondence (COG914165).
For post April 2009 see CH80000.