Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: commencing the compliance check: employer asks for copy of papers
If an employer/contractor requests a copy of the case papers (including paper and/or electronic format) or details of the compliance check you should
- explain that a copy of the notes of meeting will be provided and
- consider whether any other information
- can be released or
- should be withheld as a result of one of the exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act.
In particular you should consider the following exemptions:
- S30 FO1 2000 – Investigations and Proceedings by Public Authorities and
- S31 FO1 2000 – Information not falling within S30 FO1 whose disclosure would prejudice or be likely to prejudice law enforcement
- S41 FO1 2000 – Information supplied in confidence
There is more guidance at Release of information on a discretionary basis.