Supporting guidance: employer compliance guidance by subject: commencing the compliance check: obstructive employer - employer / agent refuses to attend a meeting
Where the employer/contractor or agent refuses to attend a meeting or cancels 2 pre-arranged meetings you should
- explain to the employer/contractor why a meeting is preferred,
- how it will assist the compliance check and
- encourage the employer/contractor to reconsider.
If the employer/contractor cannot be contacted by telephone you should
- issue a further letter reminding the employer/contractor of their obligations and enclose the factsheet CC/FS3.
If the employer/contractor/agent still refuses to cooperate, you should
consider in conjunction with your Senior Manager whether
- action in accordance with CH253500 is required, or
- an unannounced visit in accordance with CH254010 is appropriate, or
- an information notice in accordance with CH221000 is appropriate, or
- you hold sufficient information to issue formal determinations/decisions under
- Regulation 80 (COG915150)
- Regulation 13 (COG909390)
- Section 8 (COG915155).