Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: commencing the compliance check: response to the opening correspondence
Where the employer, contractor or authorised agent replies to the opening letter requesting an appointment you should
- make an appointment within a month of the date of the opening letter.
When making the appointment you should
- ask that the proprietor, partner or director and the person responsible for maintaining the records is present
- advise which records will be required to carry out the compliance check
- ask for the records to be readily available.
If the employer/contractor or agent refuses to attend a meeting the caseworker should
- contact the employer/contractor in accordance with COG905165.