Intervention planning: Caseflow: manager’s and caseworker’s quality assurance reviews
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
- the date the review is made and the initials of the manager undertaking the review
- recommendations on the direction and management of the compliance check, which may include:
- interpreting compliance strategy, guidance, technical advice, legislation for example
- taking an active role in difficult or contentious cases
- recognising and tackling issues head-on
- identifying areas of difficulty and suggesting plans for recovery
- adding value through face-to-face meetings, case conferences and meetings.
Managers’ comments must be restricted to advice concerning the compliance check
Comments on an individual’s performance should be kept for the individual’s appraisal file. Managers should recognise and encourage good work and identify areas for individual development.
Information entered on Departmental systems may need to be released to customers under the Data Protection Act (DPA)/Freedom of Information (FOI) provisions. It is not appropriate for customers to be informed of managers’ opinions of the performance of individual members of staff and doing so could breach Data Protection rights.