Penalties for VAT and Excise Wrongdoing: How to process a penalty: What the assessment must include
You must include the following on the penalty assessment
- the date of the assessment
- the legislation under which the penalty is due
- the amount of potential lost revenue (PLR)
- your view of the person’s behaviour
- the reduction for disclosure
- the amount of the penalty
- the period in respect of which the penalty is being assessed, see CH91300.
Remember that for the purpose of most taxes, duties or levies, a partnership is treated as a person in its own right and if the penalty assessment relates to those taxes, duties or levies, it should be issued to the partnership.