Penalties for failure to file on time: types of penalties for failure to file on time: occasional returns and returns for periods of 6 months or more: 12 months further penalties: offshore matter: amount of penalties involving an offshore matter
This page currently only applies to returns
- for income tax, capital gains tax and registered pension schemes
- that involve an offshore matter , and
- where the relevant filing obligation arises on or after 6 April 2012.
It does not apply to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), see CH62300+.
Amount of penalties involving an offshore matter
The rate of 12 month further penalty involving an offshore matter depends on whether the withholding of information was
- deliberate and concealed, or
- not deliberate, see CH62200.
The percentage then also depends on whether the withheld information is category 1, 2 or 3 information.
|Category 1 information||Category 2 information||Category 3 information|
|Deliberate and concealed||100%||150%||200%|
|Deliberate but not concealed||70%||105%||140%|
|Any other case||5%||5%||5%|