Charging penalties: appeals: which decisions can be appealed
A person has a right of appeal against a
- Notice of Penalty Assessment (NPPS2)
- Notice of Amended Penalty Assessment (NPPS 2 amended)
- Notice of Penalty Suspension (NPPS3)
- Notice of Amended Penalty Suspension (NPPS3 amended)
The NPPS1, the NPPS100 and NPPS100(S) are not notices that contain decisions against which a person can appeal. They contain a detailed summary of the penalty decision and how it was calculated.
A person can appeal against
- the imposition of a penalty
- the amount of the penalty
- a decision not to suspend the penalty
- the conditions set in relation to the suspension of a penalty.
Each of the bulleted appealable decisions is a separate decision, even where they relate to the same penalty.