Charging penalties: suspending penalties: managing suspensions: no certificate of compliance, how to activate a suspended penalty
No ‘Certificate of compliance’ NPPS11 or other written confirmation received
Where the signed Certificate, or other evidence, is not received and you have already issued
- a reminder letter NPPS11c and further form NPPS11, and
- checked for later address
then you must now charge the suspended penalty by taking the following action:
- select ‘reactivate suspended penalty’ from the (Take action) box on drop down menu in NPPS
- select ‘suspense conditions met?’ and then ‘customer did not reply’
- enter your name as the decision maker and use the free text box to complete the reason for your decision
- issue NPPS12a to advise the person that the penalty will be charged.
Following the issue of NPPS12a as described above
- in a non-VAT mainframe case create a charge on SAFE, or
- in a VAT mainframe case complete a VAT651 (and send documents for scanning onto Electronic Folder (EF)) followed by a VAT292.
Contract settlement cases
Where the penalty was included in a contract settlement you will need to create a charge in (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) .