Charging penalties: calculating penalties: offshore matters: introduction
A person may be charged a higher penalty where the
- tax at stake is income tax or capital gains tax and
- inaccuracy, failure to notify or failure to file on time involves an offshore matter.
For detailed technical guidance about offshore matters for
- inaccuracies, see CH116200
- failure to notify, see CH114000
- failure to file on time, see CH112000.
Before you can calculate a penalty you must establish into which category the inaccuracy or failure falls, see CH403145.