Data gathering: relevant data-holders and relevant data: merchant acquirers and similar bodies: relevant data
The relevant data for a data-holder who is a merchant acquirer, see CH28735, is all of the following,
- For each retailer, information relating to payments made to a merchant account, including the currency the payments were made in. We require this information as twelve month totals.
- The reference number of the bank account into which the payments were made and, where necessary for identifying the account, the branch where the account is held.
- Any unique identifier that has been allocated to a retailer for the purposes of identifying the retailer or classifying the trade of the retailer, as part of the business arrangement between the data-holder and the retailer. This is a trade class number assigned to the retailer by the data-holder.
- Any unique identifier that has been allocated to retailer’s merchant account for the purpose of identifying this merchant account, as part of the business arrangement between the data-holder and the retailer. This is any number assigned to the retailer by the data-holder. Such numbers can be used to follow businesses that move or change names or even identify individual card machines rented to the retailer by the data-holder.
- The name, address, telephone number, email address, website address and VAT number of each retailer and for each merchant account.
Relevant data in this regulation only extends to information held by the data-holder at the time of receipt of a data-holder notice.