How to do a compliance check: information powers: third party notice: where no approval is required: statutory records in relation to the supply of goods and services
You supply goods if you pass the exclusive ownership of goods to another person.
- the sale of new or used goods and
- the provision of water or any form of power, heat, refrigeration or ventilation; but not the hiring out of equipment which does this - this is a supply of services.
You supply services if you do something, other than supply goods, for a consideration.
Examples include providing a service as a
Typical business records that would be affected in any of the above businesses would be
- the VAT account
- cash book
- orders and delivery notes
- purchase and sales ledgers
- records of daily takings, such as till rolls.
The above list is not exhaustive.