How to do a compliance check: information powers: third party notice: persons on whom a third party notice can be served
Schedule 36 enables you to serve a notice on any other person, including any government department, requiring the provision of information and the production of documents.
Before writing to a third party you should consult the specific instructions for
- groups and partnerships, see CH225500
- relevant lawyers, see CH229200
- communications service providers, see CH229120
- person’s spouse or partner, see CH207325
- accountants’ working papers, see CH231000
- banks, see CH232000
- involved third parties, see CH225900
- pension matters, see CH23840
- claims that legal professional privilege applies, see CH22240.