Interest: Summary of special provisions
You must check whether, and from which date, the FA 2009 interest rules apply to the tax or duty you are dealing with. See CH140160 for full details.
General rules apply to calculate
late payment interest, see CH141120, and
repayment interest, see CH146040.
However, in particular circumstances the general rule is amended by a special provision. Special provisions exist in the following circumstances.
Late payment interest
Special provisions for amount
- IT payments on account and balancing payments, see CH142240.
- IT payments on account and overpayments, see CH142280.
Special provisions for start dates
- Recovery of dividend tax credit or interest payment, see CH143040.
- Amended assessments and discovery assessments, see CH143240.
- Amounts postponed due to appeal, see CH143280.
- Over-repayment of tax, see CH143320.
- Where a person dies, see CH143360.