CTSA: group payment arrangements: rolling forward
Once a group has made a group payment arrangement it applies automatically to subsequent periods of account. It creates new group payment periods within the same arrangement, until it is terminated:
- by agreement,
- by HMRC under a specific provision of the contract.
The nominated company has to notify the group payment team of any:
- additional companies that it wishes to bring into the arrangement for the next period of account
- companies that it wishes to leave out.
It must give the notification before the first instalment payment is due under the arrangement for the new period.
When a group of companies in a group payment arrangement changes its period of account:
- the nominated company must inform the group payment team in writing of the change
- the group can leave the arrangement in place for the new period of account as long as that period does not exceed twelve months.