Corporation Tax self-assessment (CTSA): the payment obligation: repayment - intra-group surrender - joint notice
There is no prescribed form which companies must use to give a joint notice of surrender under CTA10/s963 (formerly FA89/s102). Although the notice can be in any form, it should show:
- the name and tax reference of the surrendering company
- the name and tax reference of the recipient company
- the type and amount of each refund surrendered.
An authorised person on behalf of each company (see CTM93170) should sign the notice.
The company tax return can be used:
- by the recipient company to record the amount which has been surrendered to it
- by the surrendering company to record the amount it is surrendering.
Where such entries are made in a return a copy of the joint notice must be included as a PDF attachment. See the CT600 Guide for details of what entries should be made, and where.