This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Company Taxation Manual

Corporation Tax self-assessment (CTSA): the payment obligation: payment of tax credit

Claims to payments of tax credit must be made in the company’s return or in an amended return.

This applies whenever a company makes a claim to payment of tax credit, for example, where a wholly or partly exempt company claims under CTA2010/S1109 (CTM16130).

Note that this only applies when:

  • the company is wholly exempt or
  • only chargeable on trading income and
  • the tax credit is one in respect of which the company could claim a payment on account under ICTA88/SCH19AB (pension business).  (FA98/SCH18/PARA9 and PARA57).

You should not normally call for vouchers in support of the claim.