Tax elected funds (TEFs): provisions for providing tax information to participants: introduction
This chapter sets out the tax information that should be provided by tax elected funds (TEFs) to participants. In particular, it covers:
- the basic rules that apply to distributions made by companies (and authorised investment funds) (see CTM48952),
- optional alternative rules for authorised investment funds making more than one type of distribution which allows them to make the information that would ordinarily be sent in a tax voucher to be made available to participants by electronic or alternative means (see CTM48953),
- an example of the way the alternative rules could work (see CTM48954),
- what information participants should retain if a TEF adopts the alternative rules for providing their investors with tax information (see CTM48955) and
- obtaining approval for consolidated tax vouchers (see CTM48956).