AIFs: Property authorised investment funds (Property AIFs): deducting and accounting for tax from distributions: contents
The first part of this chapter sets out the rules for the deduction of tax that a PropertyAIF is required to make to its participants from each of the distributions (CTM48862):
- Property income distributions (PIDs),
- PAIF distributions (interest), and
- PAIF distributions (dividends).
It also explains when participants should be paid distributions without deduction oftax, see CTM48862.
The second part of this chapter focuses on the statutory requirements that a Property AIFwill need to satisfy when:
- paying gross payments and the categories of investors entitled to receive gross payments (CTM48863 and CTM48864),
- providing certificates of deduction of tax when property income distributions and or PAIF distributions (interest) are made to participants (CTM48865),
- delivering returns when distributions from which tax has been deducted have been made (CTM48866), and
- accounting for tax deducted from property income distributions and distributions (interest) (CTM48867)