Investment trusts: interest distributions: tax vouchers - introduction
The following five pages set out the tax information that should be sent or made accessible by investment trusts (ITs) or prospective investment trusts (PITs) that opt to use the tax framework and make two types of distributions to their recipients. In particular, it covers:
- the basic rules that apply to distributions made by companies (see CTM47575),
- optional alternative rules for ITs or PITs making more than one type of distribution which allows them to provide the information that would ordinarily be sent in a tax voucher to be made available to recipients by electronic or alternative means (see CTM47580),
- an example of the way the alternative rules could work (see CTM47585),
- what information recipients should retain if an IT or PIT adopts the new rules for providing their investors with tax information (see CTM47590) and
- obtaining approval for consolidated tax vouchers (see CTM47595).