This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Company Taxation Manual

Particular topics: company winding up etc.: transfer of business

If another company takes over the business of a company in liquidation and contracts to discharge its liabilities, you should report the facts, including a statement of the arrears to the Enforcement and Insolvency Service at once. You should take no further action whilst waiting for instructions (for example, acceptance of a payment from the transferee company).