Tax Relief: Individual Investors - conditions for making a claim
In order to make a claim an individual investor must:
- consider that the conditions for relief are satisfied, and
- hold a tax relief certificate (see CITM4060) relating to the investment.
But claims may not be made if:
- the investment consists of a loan that has been disposed of, or that has been repaid (either directly or through other “value received”) to an extent that exceeds prescribed limits (see CITM6100), or
- the investment consists of shares or securities that have been disposed of, or in relation to which “value received” exceeds prescribed limits (see CITM6110), or
- the CDFI in which the investment was made has lost its accreditation (see CITM6120).