End of year: Finalisation details provided before 1SD and ready to make Enquiry decision
Section 18 allows you to make a decision provided the claimant responded to the S17 notice.
In this scenario you have both, so you can make your S18 decision.
So you should
- Make your S18 decision based upon your Enquiry evidence
Note: S18 does not require you to make a decision based upon the S17 notice response so you should enter your Enquiry decision
- Ensure a notice under S19 or S20 has been issued for any years between your Enquiry year and the year that you are finalising
- Make amendments to your Enquiry year
- Make any amendments required to intervening years
- Finalise PY and/or renew as appropriate, see CCM11300