This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Child Benefit Technical Manual

Claims, awards and rates: Withdrawing claims

Child Benefit & Guardian’s Allowance (Administration) Regulations 2003,regulation 9

Anyone who has made a claim may withdraw it by notifying the appropriate office (see CBTM02010) in writing, by telephone or in any manner that may be accepted as sufficient in the circumstances of the particular case, providing a decision has not yet been madeon it. The notice of withdrawal is effective from the date it is received by theappropriate office.