Land: valuation: unagreed: referral to Lands Tribunal
Under the provisions of TMA70/S46D (1) the Lands Tribunal is the relevant tribunal for England and Wales and has the jurisdiction to determine the value of
- land, or
- a lease of land
in England and Wales where that value arises in any appeal in relation to
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax on capital gains
- a claim under TCGA92.
The jurisdiction applies to
- an amendment of a self-assessment
- an amendment of a return
- a conclusion stated or amendment made by a closure notice
- an amendment of a partnership return
- an assessment to tax which is not a self-assessment;
- a conclusion stated or amendment made by a closure notice relating to a claim or election made otherwise than by being included in a return
- a decision contained in a closure notice disallowing in whole or in part a claim or election made otherwise than by being included in a return.
The Lands Tribunals for Scotland and for Northern Ireland are the relevant tribunals with similar jurisdiction for land in Scotland and Northern Ireland.