Land: valuation: when not to use a CG 20
Form CG20 is not to be used for the following valuations
- employment income valuations, see CG16270 and EIM08001+
- capital allowance valuations, see CA12300+
- land and buildings held as trading stock where a valuation is required to determine case I profit or loss, see BIM51500 onwards
- assets other than land and buildings
- unquoted shares
- valuations which fall within CG74050 (including requests for multiple properties or portfolios)
- the valuation of the retained interest for a part disposal where the practice in CG71850+ applies, as in such cases no such valuation is required.
Form CG20 is not to be used for the following valuation requests
- for pre-enquiry requests for ‘risk valuations’ where informal liaison arrangements are in place between your business area and the VOA.
- for requests for a negotiated valuation where the Valuation Office Agency has previously been asked to give an opinion on a ‘not negotiated’ basis. See CG74430.