Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

Compensation: displaced tenants: business tenancies: general

Deciding whether compensation received for the loss of a business tenancy is chargeable to Capital Gains Tax can be difficult. A basic understanding of the relevant parts of the L&TA 1954 is needed. A brief description of the main provisions of that Act follows at CG72332- CG72333.