Reliefs: employee-ownership trusts: introduction
This guidance outlines the relief that is available when shares are transferred into an Employee-ownership Trust (an EOT). The relief is available for disposals made on or after 6 April 2014 that meet the relevant requirements, but the detailed rules are modified in certain respects, see CG67880, for disposals made before 26 June 2014.
Guidance about the employment income aspects of EOTs will be published in the near future.
For guidance on EOTs and inheritance tax, see IHTM42995.
If you need to know about
- settled property, see CG33230
- gifts to employee trusts generally, see CG36000P
- share identification rules generally, see CG51550P
- profit-sharing schemes and employee share-ownership plans generally, see CG56300P
- Employee Share Ownership Trusts (ESOTs), see BIM44000 onwards and TSEM5500.
CG67890 contains a glossary of words and phrases used in the legislation and guidance, with references to the appropriate statutory provisions and paragraphs of guidance.