Gifts: Inheritance Tax: specific exemptions from Inheritance Tax: outline
TCGA92/S260 (2) (b) to (f)
Hold-over relief is also available for a number of disposals that are specifically exempt from Inheritance Tax. These are:
- transfers of property out of certain settlements for young people when a child reaches a stipulated age. See CG67044 and 67045.
- gifts of heritage property and gifts to maintenance funds for the upkeep of heritage property. See CG67046.
- gifts for national purposes which are exempt from Inheritance Tax. See CG67046.
- gifts to political parties. See CG67046.
- gifts of works of art. See CG67046.