This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

Gifts: agricultural property: liaison with Specialist PT - IHT (formerly CAR - IHT and before that the Capital Taxes Office)

If you are dealing with a claim to hold-over relief and it is claimed that the asset would qualify for Inheritance Tax agricultural relief then you need to confirm this with CAR - IHT (formerly the Capital Taxes Office). You should ask them to confirm that a reduction of value has been or would have been made if there was a chargeable transfer on the disposal.

You should provide full particulars including

  • a description of the property transferred
  • the names and addresses of

    • the donor
    • the donor’s agent
    • the donee
  • the date of transfer
  • the donor’s interest in the property
  • details of any consideration etc.

You will find the addresses of Specialist PT - IHT in CG67055.