This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

Non-resident companies: compliance: information powers


TMA70/S28 gives the Board the power to issue a notice asking for the information necessary to determine

  • whether a company would be within the scope of TCGA92/S13


  • what gains have arisen to that company.

Districts are not authorised to issue such notices, If you think it would be appropriate to issue a Section 28 notice please refer the relevant papers to Capital Gains Technical Group.