Groups: business asset roll-over relief, outline of guidance
TCGA92/S175 makes five modifications to the roll-over relief rules to apply them to groups of companies. These are
- the single group trade rule, see CG45932
- the extension of relief to non-trading group companies, see CG45943
- changes to the rules for depreciating assets, see CG45945
- the same person rule, see CG45947+
- no gain/no loss acquisitions do not qualify for relief, see CG45953.
There are also modifications of the special roll-over rules following compulsory purchase of land in TCGA92/S247, see CG45965.