This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

Migration of companies: changing a company's residence: pre-15/3/88

Prior to 15 March 1988 a company was required to obtain Treasury consent to

  • cease to be resident in the UK, or
  • transfer a business to a non-resident.

See CTM34300 onwards for further details and transitional provisions.