Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

Paragraph 126 elections: how to make the election


The election must be made on the form RBE1. This can be downloaded from the HMRC website; search for RBE1.

Some trustees may have made the election in 2008-09 by writing to HMRC before the form was available. Those elections remain valid and there is no need to make a further election on the form.