Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

HMRC internal manual

Capital Gains Manual

HM Revenue & Customs
, see all updates

Personal representatives: special personal representatives

The special personal representatives deal only with this settled land and act totally independently of the ordinary personal representatives. They have to account for any Inheritance Tax arising in respect of this settled land and may have to make disposals of land to raise funds to do this. Once they have settled that liability it is their duty to convey the land to the new tenant for life entitled following the death of the previous tenant for life.