Non residents with a UK branch or agency: disposals
The disposal of an asset by an individual who is neither resident nor ordinarily resident* but is carrying on a trade, profession or vocation in the UK through a branch or agency will be an occasion of charge and the gain will be within the charge to Capital Gains Tax if
- at the time of the disposal the trade, profession or vocation continues to be carried on through the branch or agency in the UK
- the asset is situated in the UK
at or before the time of the disposal the asset has been
- used in or for the purposes of the trade, profession or vocation
* used or held or acquired for the purposes of the branch or agency.
CG25520 explains how gains on the disposal of assets of a UK branch or agency are computed.
- For 2013/14 and subsequent years the rules within the Statutory Residence Test will apply and ordinary residence is not considered.