Valuation: more than one interested person: purpose of regulations
The purpose of the regulations is to ensure that where
- the market value of an asset on a particular date, or
- an apportionment of any valuation or amount
affects the Capital Gains Tax liability of more than one person then for all of those persons
- each has the opportunity to have a say in determining that market value or apportionment
- the same market value or apportionment is used in each of their computations and
- that market value or apportionment is determined as soon as possible.