Capital allowances: plant and machinery
TCGA92/S41(7) - Plant and machinery
TCGA92/S41(7) applies where:
- the disposal is of plant or machinery, and
- the allowances or charges have been made on the allowable expenditure under CAA01/PART2, and
- neither CAA01/CHAPT15 (assets used only partly for trade purposes), nor CAA01/CHAPT16 (partial depreciation subsidies) applies.
In these circumstances the capital allowances are treated as the difference between:
- the capital expenditure incurred, or treated as incurred, on the plant or machinery under CAA01/PART2, and
- the disposal value required to be brought into account in respect of the plant or machinery.
If CAA01/CHAP15 (assets used only partly for trade purposes) or CAA01/CHAPT16 applies (partial depreciation subsidies), then the assets will have been included in a single asset pool for capital allowances. The capital allowances that have been or may be made are calculated as per section 41(6) (see CG15410).