Claims and elections: withdrawing an irrevocable election
Some elections are irrevocable, for example
- an election for valuation at 6 April 1965, TCGA92/SCH2/PARA17 (4)
- an election for rebasing to 31 March 1982, TCGA92/S35 (6)
- an election for foreign losses, TCGA92/S16(ZA).
Withdrawal of such elections can only be allowed by the Board under its collection and management function, TMA70/S1. If you receive a request for a withdrawal of an irrevocable election you should
- find out why the customer wishes to withdraw the election, and
- submit your papers to Capital Gains Technical Group.