Disposal of assets: not treated as disposals
There are times when an actual disposal of assets is not treated as a disposal for capital gains purposes. For example, in connection with
- a reorganisation of share capital, that is, cases where persons are allotted shares in a company in proportion to their existing shareholdings and cases where the respective rights attaching to various classes of shares in the company are altered, see CG51700 onwards
- a conversion of securities, see CG55000 onwards
- company reconstructions and amalgamations, that is, cases where companies are amalgamated or acquired by an exchange of share capital or where a company acquires part of the business of another company by issuing shares or debentures, see CG52521 onwards
- death, when assets pass to the personal representatives, see CG30200 onwards.
- the transfer of legal ownership between a nominee and the beneficial owner, see CG10720.