beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

CAP imports

CAP import licences: transfers

The licence rights to import certain products can usually be transferred to another importer, although for certain products, such as garlic imported under quota, transfers are not permissible.

A licence, or extract, may be transferred only once although any remaining balance can be returned to the original (titular) holder.

When a licence is transferred, the issuing authority enters the name and address of the transferee in Box 6 of the original document.

Further information can be obtained from the RPA.