’Income-into-capital’ schemes and back loaded leases: Back loaded leases: computation of rentals
CT10/S929 applies all the computational rules in Chapter 2 of Part 21 of CTA 2010 to leases within Chapter 3 of Part 21 of CTA 2010 with the exception of:
- CTA10/SS917-922 (capital allowances) - see BLM73001; and
- CTA10/S923 (catching-up charge) - see BLM74335.
The guidance in this manual on the application of the following provisions to Chapter 2 leases applies equally to their application to Chapter 3 leases:
- CTA10/S905 (charge on ‘negative depreciation’) - see BLM70845;
- CTA10/SS906-910, CTA10/S916 and TCGA92/S37A (relief for cumulative excesses) - see BLM72001;
- CTA10/SS911-914 (bad debt relief) - see BLM74001.